Is household mould the reason behind you feeling chronically sick?

Do you have one… or maybe even several… of these symptoms?

• A throbbing headache that never seems to go away
• Trouble sleeping at night
• Constant muscle pain
• Frequent illnesses — especially colds.

If this sounds like you — and if you’ve been to doctor after doctor trying to find out just what’s wrong with you — I might have the answer that could change your health for good.

It’s not bad luck — or even bad genes — that are making you sick. In fact, the real culprit may be your home.

Between the humid summers, poor central heating and ventilation, and condensation building up, mould starts to appear everywhere. And mould isn’t just a household nuisance — if you’re not careful, it could become a serious medical issue.

Mould releases toxins that can cause fatigue, headaches, twitching, brain fog, insomnia, respiratory infections and much more. Through my research I’ve discovered that constant exposure to it over time could even trigger serious neurological diseases.

I’m convinced mould even played a role in my developing Parkinson’s disease.

Two years after my symptoms first surfaced, we finally realized our bathroom shower had been installed incorrectly. Dreaded black mould had been growing in the walls for years and I firmly believe that this insidious substance — and the toxins it produced — are responsible for triggering my illness.

Many of us have genetic defects that can prevent our bodies from efficiently dealing with and removing toxins. And if you have one of those defects — and are constantly exposed to mould — the long-term health consequences could be serious.

If you’re worried that you’ve been exposed to mould, talk to your doctor about a simple urine test that can look for toxins. In the meantime, your best defence is to keep it from forming in your home.

Here are a few tips I use in my own house:

• Identify trouble spots: Damp spots in the bathroom? Condensation building up because the shower walls never drying completely? Preventing mould in these places could be as simple as installing a ventilator or fixing plumbing problems.

• Focus on ventilation: Mould growth can be caused by everyday activities. Cooking, laundry and taking a shower releases moisture into your home, so open windows, use fans, and make sure you have effective ventilation to prevent the mould from sticking around.

• Monitor humidity: Indoor humidity should be between 30 to 50 per cent. A good hardware store sells humidity meters that measure high-condensation spots where mould might grow. Use a dehumidifier to reduce humidity and fans to increase air flow.

If you spot a serious problem, call a specialist right away. Each day you spend exposed to the mould is causing more… and lasting… damage to your body.

Wishing you the best of health,

Dr. Glenn S. Rothfeld
Editor
Nutrition & Healing
Did you find this information useful?


If you enjoyed this content or found it useful and educational, please share this article with your friends and family.

Sources:

A brief guide to mould, moisture in your home, epa.gov

Leave a comment

Be part of the conversation by becoming a Premium Member. Click here to learn more about membership.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *